March 14, 2008

Airborne Patriots

Like Grandaddy, like Grandson!






Aaron's Grandaddy spent part of last week in New England and brought back with him a tri-corner hat for a budding young historian. Yesterday, Aaron informed me that he knows more than anyone about "the olden days" (ha!) In October our family vacation is going to be to Philadelphia (I'll be at a stitching festival while the boys traipse around Valley Forge), so Aaron will be appropriately attired now for that trip :)



On the stitching front, I'm no longer "semper rotanning" and am now AIRBORNE! I finished up dad's transportation wheel, and am now on my 2nd to last insignia... his first- AIRBORNE! (sorry, you just have to yell it each time, it can't be said quietly...)





I also did 2 bookmarks for some online friends.



And I've started a crochet shawl for our prayer shawl ministry. I hadn't crocheted since last October, so it's nice to get back to it. I'm doing better with my edges now, and it seems to move more quickly than knitting (may it's the one hand versus 2 hands... I have no coordination!)



Yesterday I ventured to a quilt store after reading the first 2 Jennifer Chiavarini books... big mistake. I bought a small wall hanging kit. When I told Todd I got the "oh no, not another craft!" eye roll! hee hee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jessie said...

that Aaron is such a cutie pie!